ASP Key Defender Review!
In terms of overall quality ASP Key Defender pepper spray, Palm Defender Pepper Spray, and Street Defender pepper spray are the top products on the market.
There are several pepper sprays that have the same quality of pepper sprays, but when you include the actual device that excretes the spray, this one is the best, and it will last a very long time.
Secondly, the Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street Defender pepper spray are also three tools one solid unit...
They act as a key flail: A key flail is exactly what it sounds like. If you have a bunch of keys hanging from the end of your ASP pepper spray device you can 'flail it' at your attacker.
They can be uses as a mini baton: Hold it closer to the bottom where your keys are and now it's an effective baton that you can strike your attacker with.
OC Pepper Spray: It is a very effective pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. This is a the active chemical ingredient that causes irritation of the eyes, searing pain, and blindness (temporarily).
Features Of The Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street Defender:
- Made of aerospace quality aluminum.
- The dispersion port (where the spray comes out) is precision machined and provides a straight line dispersion.
- The actuator is made of solid brass (an actuator is the mechanism that controls the device: locking, unlocking, spraying). Many other brands make plastic and steel to save money in this area.
- The seal is an O-ring, which gives it as tight a seal as you can get.
- The safety release feature requires two distinct movements.
- The replaceable aerosol canisters are dated so you know when to replace them (they last up to three years each).
- Each canister contains a pepper spray formulation that is 10% Oleoresin Capsicum.
- Each unit comes with one canister (insert, 2 ounces).
- Each unit has 2,000,000 (two million) Scoville Heat Units* of Oleoresin Capsicum. Most law enforcement grade pepper sprays are between 1.5 million and 2 million Scoville Heat Units.
*Scoville Heat Units measure the 'spicy heat' of a chili pepper, which is where the Oleoresin Capsicum is derived from. If you recall from the information above, Oleoresin Capsicum is the active ingredient in pepper spray that causes the damage (irritation, temporary blindness, pain etc.).
- ASP Key Defender Pepper spray dimensions: 5.75" inches long.
- ASP Palm Defender Pepper spray dimensions: 4.5" inches long.
- ASP Street Defender Pepper spray dimensions: 6.5 inches long.
The ASP pepper sprays listed above (Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street Defender) are lightweight, and they are exceptionally effective in disabling your potential attacker.
Two Underrated Features Of The Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street Defender:
One of the underrated features of the ASP Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street Defender pepper sprays is that you will not be able to spray yourself due to the design of it.
Another underrated feature of the ASP key defender pepper sprays is that the dispersion of the pepper spray is a 'burst aerosol', meaning instead of the pepper spray coming out in a thin line stream, it bursts out kind of like the old aerosol deodorants, but with more power and range. This can be an advantage when things get crazy during an attack.
There is nothing better when it comes to pepper spray. And law enforcement agrees because many use the ASP Key Defender, Palm Defender, and Street defender when they are on duty.
The price for the ASP Pepper sprays ranges from $29 - $39, which is a good buy for a pepper spray that lasts for many years and serves as three self defense tools in one! Get it, you'll feel safer with it for sure.
If the price is a little high for you then let me recommend the Sabre pepper spray. They are very good units for the price.